The ExamPen has been approved by The Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ)* for use in exams.
This means students who have reading difficulties such as dyslexia can independently take exams knowing that they can read and understand the questions.
The Exam Pen has been shortlisted for a BETT Award 2015 - ICT Special Educational Needs.
- Instantly displays scanned words on the screen
- Instantly says the word or line of text aloud
- Headphones provide discreet audio to the student, whilst not disturbing other students
- No dictionary or storage function
- Students using the ExamPen can be housed in the main exam hall as they are not disturbing other students
- No need to book human readers to assist students, the ExamPen is ready to go as soon as the exam starts
- Battery operated so unlike a computer reader there are no cables running across the exam hall
- As the ExamPen is small it is easy to store in a secure place and transport between exam halls
- The ExamPen is brightly coloured in orange and clearly states “ExamPen” on the screen making it obvious to invigilators that this is an approved device
- The ability to read independently gives the student a sense of confidence.
“The arrangement ‘Read Aloud’ would also include the use of an examination reading pen.
A permitted examination reading pen will not have an in-built dictionary or thesaurus, or a data storage facility.
An approved application for a computer reader would also allow the use of an examination reading pen.”
- Protective carrying case
- User Manual
- 2 AAA 1.5V batteries
- Clip-on scanning trainer
Free support is available. Please click here for instruction on how to scan.