- GDPR and Privacy | Scanning Pens Inc.
GDPR and Privacy | Scanning Pens Inc.
Empowering Tech and affiliated companies take protecting the privacy of our customers very seriously and we recognise that we have a duty of care to the people whose personal data we hold.
What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined as any information which relates, but not limited to a person. It can include names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, but also will include a wealth of other information such as IP addresses and cookie data which, when combined or individually, can be used to identify a person.
Privacy Contact Information
If you have any questions, concerns, or comments about our Privacy and Security Policy, you may contact us via one of the following methods:
By phone: +1-727-316-8101
By mail: to Suite 1004, 4585 140th Ave N, Clearwater, FL 33762
By email: to [email protected]
Why do we collect data?
Data Protection Principles
We have policies in place to ensure that data protection principles are followed. Our policies are in place to ensure that personal information is
- used fairly, lawfully and transparently
- used for specific purposes
- used in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited only to what is necessary
- accurate and where necessary kept up to date
- retained for no longer than necessary
- handled in a way that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unlawful or unauthorised processing, access, loss, destruction or damage.
What data do we collect?
We collect the following information from you:
- Personal identification information, such as name, phone number, home address, email address
What systems do we use?
We use a range of different systems to enable us to conduct our business, including but not limited to Oracle Netsuite, ON24, Microsoft Office 365 and other email communication systems.
How do we obtain your personal information?
If you have bought something from us, we will have your email address, phone number and address in our systems. If you choose to deliver items to a third-party (such as a friend) we will also have their name and address. Information is only used to help us deliver the parcels and contact you. You may also optionally decide to receive our newsletter and/or product & event notifications. You can opt-out of these at any time.
Our site also uses 'cookies'. Cookies are small amounts of data sent to your web browser by a web server. They cannot harm your machine in any way as they are small text files with simple information in them. You can see them as small text files inside your 'Temporary Internet Files' folder in Windows. Our shopping cart requires these cookies for it to work as they store the products you have added to your cart and other essential information. For more information on cookies, please visit this page.
We guarantee that every online purchase you make from our shop is a secure transaction. Our site uses the strongest commercially available level of encryption, 128-bit Secure Socket Layers (SSL). This ensures that your transactions are secure in transit and upon arrival at our server, and your information cannot be intercepted. Look for the padlock in your browser as you enter the Checkout section of our site this indicates you are securely connected to our server.
What we do with your information
The information you provide on this site will be kept confidential and used only so that we can support you as a customer or to provide a more personalized shopping experience.
We will NEVER exchange, sell or otherwise give away your email address to other companies without your consent. Your email address is used solely by yourself, for purposes of logging into your account, and us for emailing you regarding your orders and to update you with our newsletter and additional product information.
In addition to processing your order, we also maintain an order history of your purchases. This allows you and us to track your deliveries and review your past purchases in case of any warranty or returns. We also send out periodically an email newsletter. These are only emailed to you if you have signed up to our newsletter. If you have signed up for Product Notifications, we may from time to time inform you of product updates such as feature changes and updates. If you have signed up for Event Notifications, every time we are exhibiting at an event, we think you may wish to attend, you will receive an email.
If you don't want to receive these offers, our occasional newsletter, or our notifications, simply following the instructions at the bottom of the email to unsubscribe. Alternatively, you can change newsletter and product notification settings from your account page, or you can email our Data Controller at [email protected]
What we do with your credit card details
When you give us your credit card details (either over the Internet, telephone or fax) we will process your card and your card details will be stored in our system.
Who else sees your information
We may have to disclose some of your information to our suppliers to enable us to conduct our business, such as delivery companies and banks.
ByWe may, however, share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when:
- Permitted or required by law
- Trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions
- Investigating fraud which has already taken place. This information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access
- You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification
- You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate.
- You also have the right to request Our Company to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure
- You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions
- The right to restrict processing
- You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing
- You have the right to object to Our Company's processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability
- You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.